Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Chapter 3

Page 53 “As a result, the theological statements coming out of modern culture look more like recipes for living than declared truths about God. Transcendent theology, which flows out of the big picture, has been replaced by recipe theology, a way of thinking that keeps its focus on the particulars of life.”

Pastor Ken does a good job of always trying to tie in the Big picture to whatever message he is preaching on. I’ve heard Chip do it a lot too. But the way Chip does it is he captivates you with the doctrine being taught so you see your heavenly fathers beauty and desire for your well being. When I say well being I don’t mean that everything will work out for you I mean his desire for a deeper relationship with us humans.

Page 55 "I suggest a man is most manly when he admits. I don't know what to do in this situation, but I know it's important that I get involved and do something."

Dallas Seminary. I don't know how it will work out each semester coming up with 5500 bones but I know I got to do it. Yee boy I feel like a man. :)

Page 56 "As image bearers, we are called to tell his story with our lives, not to tell our stroies with his resources."

I couldn't imagine how much more beautiful my story would be if I would rewrite it with that type of mindset. It really is His story and I'm a side thing.

Page 57 "And we therefore never learn the dependance and trust that only grows in the darkness."

God does his best work in the darkness. He didn't let anyone see how Jesus got resurected because that was between him and Jesus, in the darkness. I need to enter in the darkness. I am afraid of it. I need to know I'll be afraid and do what it takes to become a real man of God. This sentence reminds me of a verse Psalm 23:5 You prepare a feast in the presence of my enemies. You know we run from the darkness but the Lord wants us to eat our food that he provides in the midst of it.

Over and out. Shane get on it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home