Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Chapter 3

This is so, so important. I need to print this out and have it with me during crunch time...

Page 55:
"I suggest that a man is most manly when he admits "I don't know what to do in this situation, but I know it's important that I get involved and do something. I will therefore envision what God may want to see happen in this person's life or in this circumstance, and I will move toward that vision with whatever wisdom and power God supplies me." A manly man moves even when there are no recipes. "

Crab talks about 2 different theological statements...
1. Transcendent Theology (The center of transcendent theology is God, his character and purpose)
2. Recipe Theology (The center of recipe theology is man, his needs and well-being)

I am really sad to say this, but I live most of my life with the "Recipe" theology. I really need to pray about this big time. I need God's grace...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home