Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Chapter 4

Here are some of the quotes I liked from this chapter:

Page 63:
"... we will suggest that men are called to move wisely into the darkest regions of their worlds; they are to speak powerful words into the confusion of life with the same energy that flowed out of Christ when he spoke into darkness (Colossians 1:16, 29)."

Page 64:
"In the darkness of confusion, you cannot see but you can hear; at least you can hear the voice of God."

Page 66:
"Masculinity begins to grow when a man asks questions for which he knows there are no answers"

Page 66:
"Recipe theologians tell us how to make life work by simplifying things and relieving confusion. Transcendent theologians know there is a darkness of confusion that can only be entered by knowing Christ, by abiding in him, by trusting him to supply supernatural power to hover over whatever darkness we face, and then by moving into that darkness with words that bring life."

There was a time when I was in high school when my sister was having a hard time with life in general and I remember people telling me that she needed her big brother. I would always say, she hates me or she doesn't want to listen to me. Looking back on the situation I was just afraid of dealing with the situation and afraid of entering the darkness. I wish I could go back and help her out. My prayer to Jesus is that I don't fall into that habit again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home